I’m always looking for simple recipes that help me use all the meat after a harvest. This wild game recipe instant pot stew for Sika deer does just that.
Find all the warmth and comfort of home with this Sika recipe.
Wild Game Recipe for Sika Stew
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs Sika neck and leg pieces-silver skin removed
- 1 tub Knorr’s Homestyle Stock, beef flavor
- 3 1/2 c hot water
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 4 large red potatoes, skin on and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix (dry)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 c cold water
- Turn on Instant Pot and set it to sauté. Add olive oil to the pot and sauté garlic.
- Add Sika pieces and brown. Turn off the sauté on the Instant Pot.
- Mix in hot water and the Knorr’s stock tub stir until dissolved.
- Add in carrots and potatoes.
- Mix in Lipton onion soup package.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal it. Turn the Instant Pot on and set it to manual for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, manually release the pressure.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add to the stew. This will thicken the liquid. Initially, I started with 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 1/4 c water but when I added it to the liquid in the Instant Pot I felt it wasn’t thick enough to my liking so I added an additional “serving”. Feel free to start with half of the recipe’s suggestion of corn starch.
Are sika deer good to eat?
Sika deer meat is lean and has a mild, gamey flavor that some people find delicious.
Serve your sika stew with your favorite cornbread and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Miss Pursuit may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about hunting and the outdoors.