You may have never heard of this sausage recipe before: Sausage Stars! I know my family and friends sure have and now I am sharing it with you as well! It is the go-to request for every family get-together.
- 1 package of Nasoya Vegan Won Ton wraps (or any other you prefer)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning packet
- 1 cup of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- ½ pound of venison burger
- ½ pound mild breakfast sausage (if you prefer only sausage opt. out of the venison and use 1 full pound)
- Optional – 1/3 cup of diced black olives
This sausage recipe will make roughly two dozen stars, depending on how you fill them.
- Spray a muffin pan lightly with your choice of oil.
- Carefully press your wontons in the muffin molds to form a star shape.
- Place the wontons in the oven at 375 degrees for approximately 5 minutes (watch carefully – the darker your pan the faster they may burn).
- After cooking, pull out of the pan and set aside to cool.
- Add approximately 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan then brown the venison and sausage.
- Once fully cooked, drain excess oil and add to a large mixing bowl to place in the fridge to cool.
- Once your meat is cooled, you can then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place your wonton stars on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and fill approximately one spoonful per star.
- Place in the oven at 375 degrees to melt all ingredients together (3-5 minutes).
- Once the cheese is fully melted, your sausage stars are ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy this sausage recipe. Remember, the secret is in the stars!
This post may contain affiliate links. Miss Pursuit may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about hunting and the outdoors.