Combine your lasagna with wild game and you’ve got yourself a meaty, cheesy and pasta-filled dinner!
- 1 pound of ground game meat (in this case, elk)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 6 Lasagna noodles
- 4 – 5 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- Brown ground meat with chopped onion and garlic in a skillet over medium seasoning to taste.
- Add in black pepper, thyme, basil, and Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the meat is browning, boil lasagna noodles for 4 minutes.
- In an 8.5-inch square pan, place two lasagna noodles side by side. Using a spatula or spoon, spread 2 oz ricotta cheese onto noodles. Take 1/3 browned meat and layer on top of the ricotta. Spoon roughly 8 oz pasta sauce evenly onto the meat.
- Sprinkle 1 oz mozzarella evenly onto the sauce. Repeat two more times
- Sprinkle dish evenly with fresh grated Parmesan.
- You can add other vegetables in any of the layers if you want.
- Place dish in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes for the cheese to melt, noodles to finish cooking and ingredients to meld.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8