Wicked Edge is a small, family-owned company who appreciates the beauty and efficiency of well-kept tools. They pride themselves on helping fellow craftsmen achieve the sharpest knife they’ve ever seen with our high-quality knife sharpeners and accessories.
It started at deer camp. If your deer camp is anything like mine, we work hard, we hunt hard, and we eat well! Especially on Saturday’s after a hunt; if it’s been a successful hunt, the deer get cleaned in a hurry because we gather at someone’s camp to eat and usually watch football and tell stories about what happened during that sit.
One weekend, one of the guys cooked what he called a “Fat Boy!” What is a Fat Boy? A huge ball of sausage stuffed with all kinds of goodness wrapped in about a pound of bacon. It was delicious but it was a little too greasy for me, personally, which led me to recreate my own version of a fat boy, a “deer burger loaf.” Still stuffed with all kinds of goodness.
This recipe is perfect for those hunting days, when you’ve put in the hours and you’re worn out, but don’t really want to cook but you need good food.
It’s your make-ahead quick meal that goes great with just about any side.
If you’re going to make one, you better just double the recipe and make two! They’re going to eat it all!
Stuffed Deer Burger Loaf
- 1-lbs of deer burger flattened into a thin flat square
- 4-mini sweet peppers red, yellow, green, and orange, diced
- Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Bacon, chopped, uncooked
- Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Steak seasoning
- Over flattened deer burger, sprinkle seasonings to taste.
- Layer peppers, cheese, bacon, and mushrooms (if desired).
- Roll the burger into a log roll and wrap a few pieces of bacon in a crisscross (x) around log secure with foil.
- Bake or grill at 250° for 1hr or until meat is cooked thoroughly. Let cool, cut, and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Miss Pursuit may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about hunting and the outdoors.