Do you love the outdoors? Do you hunt, fish, encourage your family to spend time outdoors, decorate with a shabby chic and outdoor flair? Do you have amazing wild game recipes or a nature-loving style you want to show off?
JOIN OUR ARMY.
Did you know you could be a part of the Miss Pursuit contributor team? We want you to join the first open call for writers on the fastest growing website and social media community made for the female outdoorsmen. We are starting a group of regular contributors and looking for fresh, female voices to join our team!
The position is open to all, BUT high fives if you have a current blog, social media is your BFF and you have some experience in the blogging world. Quality photos are a plus, too!
We are looking for 15 – 20 contributors, depending on availability and schedules.
WHY Should You Write for Miss Pursuit
- Showcase your experience about what you love. Sharing is caring, right? The more you share, the more the Miss Pursuit community will learn and grow.
- Reach the audience and market you want. We position our contributors as experts in the field.
- Grow your online presence. Reach go-to, authority author status with our guidance and motivation, which will lead to more opportunities.
WHO Should Join Us
- Women of all shapes, colors, backgrounds and skill levels who love anything outdoors
- Women who take beautiful photos
- Women who have an engaged social audience and public accounts (quality over quantity)
- Women who are skilled writers
- Big Game
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
- Public Land Hunters
- Arrowhead Hunters
- Outdoorsy Family
- Wild Game
- Conscious Eating
What You GIVE
- Two original posts per month on topics of your choice onto our WordPress platform on the 1stand 15th of each month with two high-quality photos
- Sharing your post on your own blog (excerpt only) and social media the day it goes live, as well as respond to reader comments that day.
- Understanding that posts published at MissPursuit.com cannot be re-published elsewhere without crediting.
- Twelve-month commitment, beginning in February 2020
- Available for quarterly online contributor meetings
- A passion for the outdoors
- Reliability and a great attitude
What You GET
- Your photo, bio and links on the Miss Pursuit Contributors page (with links to your personal blog and/or social media channels if you choose to share them)
- Posts on Miss Pursuit’s Instagram, InstaStories, Twitter and Pinterest channels
- Access to our private Contributors Facebook group
- Access to a team-only Engagement Pod
- Added to Miss Pursuit’s Female Hunters on Instagram You Need To Follow Now article
- Opportunity to test products for review
- Miss Pursuit swag
- Access to information and professional development in the areas of writing, SEO and social media.
- Ability to showcase your favorite nonprofit to provide them additional online exposure
- Shout out to friend’s and small businesses you support
What To DO
- Send a resume, website, social media links and at least one outdoor-related writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Carly Brasseux will be reviewing all those that apply.
- Include an explanation of why you’d like to be included on our regular contributors’ list, a description of your outdoor experience, what makes your perspective as a female outdoorsman unique and what you may want your potential submissions to focus on.
- Please write CONTRIBUTOR – YOUR NAME in the subject line.
Too much commitment? Join our ambassador team. Tag @MissPursuit for the opportunity to be featured in our weekly ambassador social posts.
ABOUT Our Decision
Many factors influence our final decision on who is the best fit for our team. Often, we are looking to fill a particular topic/niche area or style of writing. If it isn’t you this time, please know it may have nothing to do with how much we like your writing.
The Contributor role is more of a commitment (with perks) than some are ready for. If you are interested in writing for MP as a guest blogger (occasional guest posts with no other commitments and no freebie perks), just follow the process outlined above and let us know you’re interested in guest blogging, not being a full Contributor.
We will announce contributors in an upcoming post within the next few weeks but will email the selected contributors prior. Please note, this is a volunteer position.