Growing up with Michigan adventures has been amazing. I get to enjoy all four seasons. The best thing about our state is that you can enjoy different parts of the state at different times of the year. You can capture a different scenery in almost every season. Landscape photography is one of my passions, and all my hikes and adventures are chosen with that in mind. In this article, I will include a few of my favorite hikes I have experienced and adventures I hope I get to complete someday.
My favorite adventures always take me north – to anywhere with hiking trails, pines, sand, and isolation. These are a must-have in my book. The most sought-after hiking trails and scenic locations include Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Porcupine Mountains (Lake Of The Clouds), Sugarloaf Mountain (Noquemanon Trail), and North Manitou Island.
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Adventures Outside of Michigan
It is always important for me to seek adventure in new and unseen places. One hike I would do over and again is Diamond Fork Hot Springs in Utah. This was the first hot spring I visited, so it may have a close place in my heart, but the views are unforgettable. The springs themselves wrap down the edge of the Canyon with small waterfalls. It is beautiful in the fall with the leaves changing colors.
Another hike on my bucket list that I was not able to make time for while in Utah is Zion National Park – known for its red cliffs, canyon,s and Virgin River.
Other Hikes and Adventures
- Sugarloaf Mountain – Marquette, MI
- Hocking Hills – Ohio
- Manistee National Forest – River Trial
- Havasu Falls and Grand Canyon National Park – south Kaibab Trail in Arizona
- Chester Lake – the Canadian Rockies in Alberta
- Grouse Mountain – British Columbia
- Yosemite National Park – California
- Leavenworth, Washington – Alpine lookout and Mount McCausland at Lake Valhalla
- Grand Teton National Park – Wyoming
- Glacier National Park – Montana
- Mount Hood – Portland, Oregon
- Blue Ridge Mountains – North Carolina, spanning from Pennsylvania
I hope you enjoy these Michigan adventures and hikes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Miss Pursuit may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support our work in bringing you real information about hunting and the outdoors.